VERNON DAVIS: The San Francisco tight end is back in the Bay Area following a whirlwind, three-night visit to the Sochi Olympics last week as USA Curling’s honorary captain, and the 49ers tight end is ready to resume his offseason training regimen.
That will likely begin next week, as Davis is still recuperating from the travel. He is thrilled he took the trip, despite disappointing finishes for the U.S. men’s and women’s curling teams.
“That was a long trip, whew. It was well worth it, I had a great time over there,” Davis said Tuesday. “Anytime I have an opportunity to help bring some awareness to something, to be a part of something, and especially if it’s different, curling is different, it brings me joy being able to say I’m part of that.”
The Associated Press
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their boss is jailed
- Macy’s proposing changes to downtown Seattle store