VERNON DAVIS: The San Francisco tight end is back in the Bay Area following a whirlwind, three-night visit to the Sochi Olympics last week as USA Curling’s honorary captain, and the 49ers tight end is ready to resume his offseason training regimen.
That will likely begin next week, as Davis is still recuperating from the travel. He is thrilled he took the trip, despite disappointing finishes for the U.S. men’s and women’s curling teams.
“That was a long trip, whew. It was well worth it, I had a great time over there,” Davis said Tuesday. “Anytime I have an opportunity to help bring some awareness to something, to be a part of something, and especially if it’s different, curling is different, it brings me joy being able to say I’m part of that.”
The Associated Press
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite