VERNON DAVIS: The San Francisco tight end is back in the Bay Area following a whirlwind, three-night visit to the Sochi Olympics last week as USA Curling’s honorary captain, and the 49ers tight end is ready to resume his offseason training regimen.
That will likely begin next week, as Davis is still recuperating from the travel. He is thrilled he took the trip, despite disappointing finishes for the U.S. men’s and women’s curling teams.
“That was a long trip, whew. It was well worth it, I had a great time over there,” Davis said Tuesday. “Anytime I have an opportunity to help bring some awareness to something, to be a part of something, and especially if it’s different, curling is different, it brings me joy being able to say I’m part of that.”
The Associated Press
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL