MANTI TE’O: The Chargers linebacker says his rough rookie season has nothing to do with the flak he’s faced over getting fooled by a hoax involving a fake girlfriend while at Notre Dame.
The San Diego Chargers rookie linebacker said in his first conference call of the season Tuesday that he has yet to play a complete game in the NFL but that’s because of his adjustment to the pros and not because he’s distracted in any way by the catcalls from opposing teams or their fans.
Te’o said he does a good job blocking out the chatter from the stands.
“I’ve definitely heard things, but my job is to go out there and to play ball and do my best and hopefully come out with a win. So, all the other outside stuff, if I’m paying attention to that, then I’m in trouble,” Te’o said.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery, could be back December
Most Read Stories
The Associated Press