MANTI TE’O: The Chargers linebacker says his rough rookie season has nothing to do with the flak he’s faced over getting fooled by a hoax involving a fake girlfriend while at Notre Dame.
The San Diego Chargers rookie linebacker said in his first conference call of the season Tuesday that he has yet to play a complete game in the NFL but that’s because of his adjustment to the pros and not because he’s distracted in any way by the catcalls from opposing teams or their fans.
Te’o said he does a good job blocking out the chatter from the stands.
“I’ve definitely heard things, but my job is to go out there and to play ball and do my best and hopefully come out with a win. So, all the other outside stuff, if I’m paying attention to that, then I’m in trouble,” Te’o said.
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
Most Read Stories
The Associated Press