DeSEAN JACKSON: The Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to a conviction in the burglary of his Philadelphia home.
A statement from a spokeswoman for the receiver said Sunday the burglary happened while Jackson was out of town on vacation.
Police say at least $250,000 in cash and jewelry was taken from the home, along with a handgun.
Jackson’s statement says a small amount of money was taken and stolen items make up the bulk of the loss.
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
- Live updates from the state boys basketball tournament
Most Read Stories
The statement says Jackson, the former University of California star, is upset about the break-in but confident police will find those responsible.
Jackson was the Eagles’ leading receiver this season with 82 catches for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns. Philadelphia won the NFC East but lost its playoff opener to the New Orleans Saints.
Jackson signed a five-year, $51 million contract before the 2012 season.
The Associated Press