Drew Brees threw two touchdown passes and Patrick Robinson returned an interception 99 yards for a score to lead the New Orleans Saints to a 28-13 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles, who have lost four in a row.

NEW ORLEANS — Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints picked up a much-needed victory

For Michael Vick and Philadelphia, more misery.

Brees threw two touchdown passes, extending his NFL-record streak to 51 games with at least one TD pass, and Patrick Robinson returned an interception 99 yards for a score to lead the Saints to a 28-13 victory over the reeling Eagles on Monday night.

New Orleans (3-5), which bounced back from a 34-14 loss at Denver, also got a 22-yard touchdown run from Chris Ivory, a former Washington State player.

Unlimited Digital Access. $1 for 4 weeks.

“This is the type of momentum we want going into the second half of the season,” said Brees, who was 21 of 27 for 239 yards.

The Eagles (3-5) lost their fourth straight, which is sure to keep the heat on Vick and embattled coach Andy Reid. Vick, who was sacked seven times, threw a 77-yard TD pass to DeSean Jackson in the third quarter.

Vick was 22 of 41 for 272 yards.

The Eagles had first-and-goal four times and managed only two field goals by Alex Henery. In fact, they were outscored in those situations, with Robinson going the other way for a touchdown when it looked as if Philadelphia was on the verge of scoring. Robinson picked off a Vick pass that went off the hands of Eagles tight end Brent Celek.

Celek also lost a fumble at the New Orleans 8.


• Philadelphia finished with 447 yards — the eighth straight team to put up more than 400 on the Saints.

That is the longest streak of 400-yard games given up by a defense since at least 1950 and perhaps in league history.

The Saints had 371 yards.

• Ex-Saints safety Steve Gleason, a former Washington State standout who has Lou Gehrig’s disease, had emergency-room treatment at a New Orleans hospital after becoming unresponsive while watching the game at the Superdome.

His wife, Michel, later reported the 35-year-old Gleason was alert and “doing well.”