Football legend Warren Moon was arrested on suspicion of DUI and driving with a suspended license early Friday morning, according to the...
Football legend Warren Moon was arrested on suspicion of DUI and driving with a suspended license early Friday morning, according to the Medina Police Department.
A Medina police officer spotted Moon’s vehicle on the Highway 520 Bridge at about 2:10 a.m. Friday and noticed it had expired tabs, said Medina police Lt. Dan Yourkoski.
Moon had a valid Texas driver’s license, but his driving privileges have been revoked in Washington, Yourkoski said.
Moon, 51, was arrested and taken to a Kirkland police station, where he was processed and released, Yourkoski said. A report will be sent to the King County Prosecutor’s Office for possible charges, he said.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
Most Read Stories
In August, Moon pleaded guilty to negligent driving, a charge stemming from a DUI arrest in April. In that case Moon had been pulled over for DUI, but he tested below the legal limit for alcohol.
A judge ordered Moon to perform 40 hours of community service and pay a $350 fine.
Moon was a star quarterback for the Washington Huskies. He went on to play in the NFL for 17 seasons, mostly with the Houston Oilers, and also played for the Seahawks. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006.