Alan Branch DE | 6-6 | 325 | Age: 26 | Experience: 5th year There is no mistaking him for anything but a lineman, which makes it funny to...
DE | 6-6 | 325 | Age: 26 | Experience: 5th year
There is no mistaking him for anything but a lineman, which makes it funny to learn what poster he first put on his wall growing up. “Barry Sanders,” he said. “He was the only one.” It wasn’t all that far-fetched considering the positions Branch played as a 6-foot-6 senior at Cibola High School in Albuquerque, N.M. “I played power back and punt returner and linebacker,” he said. Branch went to Michigan, played against the Pete Carroll-coached USC Trojans in the 2007 Rose Bowl. A second-round draft pick of Arizona, he comes to Seattle, which has him as a starting defensive tackle.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.