Alan Branch DE | 6-6 | 325 | Age: 26 | Experience: 5th year There is no mistaking him for anything but a lineman, which makes it funny to...
DE | 6-6 | 325 | Age: 26 | Experience: 5th year
There is no mistaking him for anything but a lineman, which makes it funny to learn what poster he first put on his wall growing up. “Barry Sanders,” he said. “He was the only one.” It wasn’t all that far-fetched considering the positions Branch played as a 6-foot-6 senior at Cibola High School in Albuquerque, N.M. “I played power back and punt returner and linebacker,” he said. Branch went to Michigan, played against the Pete Carroll-coached USC Trojans in the 2007 Rose Bowl. A second-round draft pick of Arizona, he comes to Seattle, which has him as a starting defensive tackle.
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- 10 brand-new Seattle restaurants (and two sad goodbyes)
- CEO Howard Lincoln leaving Mariners with ‘a few regrets’
- Bellevue football report: Coaches violated rules for years, district obstructed investigation
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global