Seahawks running back fined $10,000 for wearing cleats with Skittles graphic.
RENTON — The shoes Marshawn Lynch wore last Saturday were certainly sweet.
Nike gave him some custom cleats with a graphic depicting Skittles on the side.
Those shoes turned out to be expensive, too, as Lynch was fined $10,000 by the NFL for violating the uniform code. The fine was confirmed by a league spokesman, who noted the size of the fine was due to the fact it was Lynch’s second uniform violation this season.
Lynch was fined $5,000 for wearing green socks during the Seahawks’ Monday night game against St. Louis earlier this month.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
His affection for Skittles has become a signature of sorts. Lynch is known to snack on them after touchdowns, something that dates back to high school when his mother would give him candy. In the past two home games, packages of Skittles have been thrown toward the end zone when he scores.