Former Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch opened a Beast Mode apparel store in downtown Seattle near CenturyLink Field on Saturday.
Marshawn Lynch walked out of a nondescript store front, took a seat on the steps and pulled up a table with a cup full of sharpies. Lynch looked at the first person in line and said, “You ready?”
A crowd stretched down the block, maybe a couple hundred, to get his autograph Saturday afternoon. And then Lynch and his staff unveiled his new Beast Mode store, located in Pioneer Square, not too far from CenturyLink Field where Lynch solidified his Beast Mode name.
Lynch officially announced the long-rumored opening in a typical fashion Saturday morning — with a tweet, stating he’ll be taking pics and signing autographs when the store opens at 12:24 p.m. (24 having been Lynch’s number during his playing career).
The address listed by Lynch is 558 1st Ave. S., Suite 100.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the second and third rounds
- Highway 99 tolling: Here's how much you could pay, according to new analysis
- Offer help to daughter every which way; it may build a bond | Dear Carolyn
Lynch similarly announced his retirement with a tweet during the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl last February, and since has pursued a number of different ventures.
Those include operating his first Beast Mode Apparel store in his native Oakland, which had its official opening the week of the Super Bowl.