Lynch missed two days of practice during the week because of a sore knee but returned Friday.
Lynch is coming off season lows in carries (eight) and yards (23) against the Rams, and he became visibly frustrated after not getting the ball on three consecutive plays near the Rams’ goal line.
“He’s going to get more involved than he did last week, I’ll say that,” Carroll said. “That was not right, and we didn’t get that done. We have to play better so he has the opportunities.”
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
Most Read Stories
In the past three years, Lynch has rushed for less than 50 yards eight times. In the games immediately after that, Lynch has averaged 91 yards and scored six touchdowns.
Wide receiver Percy Harvin won’t play against Tampa Bay after experiencing soreness in his hip. Harvin returned to practice last week before having issues with his hip.
Carroll said Harvin, who had surgery on his hip before the season, recently had an MRI but added there were “no complications.”
“He was fine a week ago, ready to go,” Carroll said, “but the wear and tear of the comeback got him a little bit.”
• Safety Earl Thomas didn’t practice Friday because he was sick, but he’s expected to play.
• Offensive tackles Russell Okung and Breno Giacomini could return to practice Wednesday. Carroll said he isn’t sure when they will return to games.
• Defensive end Chris Clemons was voted the team’s recipient of the Ed Block Courage award, which is given to a player who has dealt with adversity. Clemons returned from an ACL injury in the playoffs last year.
• Lynch’s attorney, Ivan Golde, said the motion to dismiss Lynch’s DUI case was denied Friday. The trial is scheduled for Dec. 27.
Jayson Jenks: 206-464-8277 or email@example.com