Eagles at Washington, 3:55 p.m., ESPN
Robert Griffin III returns from major knee surgery to run Washington’s up-tempo offense, while former Oregon coach Chip Kelly makes his coaching debut in Philadelphia, which has an even quicker attack. “I am not very superstitious,” Griffin said. “But I do walk around the field one time before every game to kind of mark my territory, saying, ‘Within these lines, you control what happens.’”
Texans at Chargers, 7:20 p.m., ESPN
Mike McCoy’s first game as Chargers coach comes against the two-time AFC South champions, who had the league’s top defensive player in 2012, end J.J. Watt.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect