Hutchinson agreed to terms with the Tennessee Titans Thursday on what was reported to be a three-year contract.
Former Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson will remain just that: a former Seahawk.
Hutchinson agreed to terms with the Tennessee Titans on Thursday, reportedly on a three-year contract.
The Seahawks had hosted Hutchinson on a free-agent visit Wednesday, which quickly became a hot-button topic considering his history with the team. Hutchinson was a former first-round pick by Seattle, who played his first five seasons with the franchise and made three Pro Bowls. He left — controversially — as a free agent in 2006, signing an offer sheet with the Minnesota Vikings written in such a way that if Seattle chose to match it, the Seahawks would be on the hook for the entire $49 million of the contract.
Hutchinson played six years in Minnesota, made four Pro Bowls and was released this year.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident
- B-boys to Balkan, the Northwest Folklife Festival is under way
- Jon Ryan going for title of NFL's most 'Ninja'-like punter
Most Read Stories
Hutchinson’s visit coincided with Seattle’s decision to release Robert Gallery — the latest veteran Seattle signed to fill the left-guard spot Hutchinson once held down — leading many to conclude that Hutchinson might be on his way back. Nope. Paul McQuistan’s agreement to re-sign on a two-year agreement was the trigger for Seattle’s decision to release Gallery.
Now, Hutchinson is on his way to Tennessee.
• Defensive tackle Jason Jones of Tennessee visited the Seahawks after previously stopping in St. Louis to meet with the Rams. Jones, 25, is listed at 6 feet 5, 276 pounds.
• Packers quarterback Matt Flynn began his scheduled visit with the Seahawks. He is scheduled to visit Miami next. Joe Philbin — Flynn’s offensive coordinator in Green Bay last season — is now the Dolphins’ head coach.
Danny O’Neil: 206-464-2364 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Twitter @dannyoneil