DAVIE, Fla. — Coach Joe Philbin said the Dolphins took “immediate action” after finding out guard Richie Incognito, who stands accused of harassing teammate Jonathan Martin, was accused of molesting a female volunteer at a team-sponsored golf outing last year in Aventura.
According to the Aventura, Fla., police incident report, Incognito “used his golf club to touch her” in inappropriate spots. The police report said the Dolphins were made aware of the act and told the accuser they would “take care of the situation.”
Philbin was brief on the topic Saturday.
“That incident occurred a year and a half ago,” he said. “We were made aware of the incident, and we took immediate action.”
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: 'He just doesn't trust a lot of people'
Most Read Stories
Asked what, specifically, was the “immediate action” taken by the club, Philbin refused to say specifically what action the club took.
• Minnesota receiver Jerome Simpson was arrested early Saturday after a state trooper responded to a stalled car blocking lanes on Interstate 394 out of downtown Minneapolis at 4:03 a.m., a patrol spokesman said.
Simpson, who leads the team in receiving yards this year, was taken to the Hennepin County jail, where he refused a breath test, according to Lt. Eric Roeske. Simpson was booked into the Hennepin County jail at 5:39 a.m. Saturday, jail records show.
He was released just before 1 p.m. after a judge reviewed the arrest report and set bail. Simpson posted $12,000 bond, pending a formal charging decision by prosecutors.
Simpson, 27, was arrested after he exited his Dodge Charger when a trooper arrived at the stalled car. He showed signs of intoxication, according to Roeske.
Simpson had slurred speech and watery eyes and flunked a field sobriety test, Roeske said.
• The Seahawks promoted rookie defensive lineman Michael Brooks from the practice squad and released wide receiver Bryan Walters. Seattle added depth to the defensive line as defensive end Red Bryant won’t play Sunday against Atlanta because of a concussion he suffered last week.