Players have a new teammate in their labor fight — the AFL-CIO, one of the nation's largest unions.
Players have a new teammate in their labor fight — the AFL-CIO.
One of the nation’s largest unions said Monday it had sent league owners a letter warning a lockout in one of America’s “few thriving” industries could cost thousands of Americans their jobs and cities more than $140 million in revenue.
It also urged owners to release financial statements, something the NFL Players Association executive director, DeMaurice Smith, has sought for more than a year. The AFL-CIO called the owners’ refusal to provide documents “troubling.”
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?
Most Read Stories
• Randy Moss got support from some New England teammates a day after saying — minutes after the Patriots beat Cincinnati 38-24 — he doesn’t feel appreciated.
Moss, in the final year of a three-year, $27 million contract, said it would be “a smack in my face” if the team waits until the season ends to negotiate.
Patriots running back Fred Taylor said, “You can’t question a man’s integrity when it’s from his heart.”
• Washington’s 13-7 victory over rival Dallas got a 16.6 overnight rating, making it the top-rated Sunday night game since NBC took over the package in 2006.
• Philadelphia Eagles fullback Leonard Weaver, a former Seahawk, is done for the season after tearing a right-knee ligament in Sunday’s 27-20 loss to Green Bay.
Weaver was placed on injured reserve and the Eagles signed fullback Owen Schmitt, who was released by the Seahawks last week.
|Leonard Weaver, FB||Eagles||Knee||Out for season|
|Jamaal Jackson, C||Eagles||Triceps||Out for season|
|Justin Harrell, DE||Packers||Knee||Out for season|
|Paul Posluszny, LB||Bills||Knee||Out 3 weeks|
|Ryan Grant, RB||Packers||Ankle||Out 1 week-plus|
|Kevin Kolb, QB||Eagles||Concussion||Uncertain|
|Matthew Stafford, QB||Lions||Shoulder||Uncertain|