After falling a game short of the Super Bowl last season, the Falcons entered this season thinking they had a legitimate shot at taking the next step. Instead, Atlanta has turned into one of the most disappointing teams in the NFL at 2-6 and just about out of a realistic shot at making the playoffs.
Atlanta revamped its offensive line before the season, and it hasn’t worked. The Falcons are the worst rushing team in the NFL at 64.4 yards per game. Atlanta has also been hit hard by injuries on offense, with WR Julio Jones out for the year and Roddy White questionable this week after missing the past three games with ankle and hamstring injuries.
And the defense, a sore spot a year ago, is no better, allowing 364.9 yards per game, 21st in the NFL. Add it up, and the Falcons are surprisingly close to playing out the string.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU