Hey, Aaron Rodgers walks on frozen tundra, people — not on water.
“I think some people forget sometimes I do have to go to the grocery store, I do enjoy going out to dinner, I have to get my oil changed from time to time,” the Packers QB told the Green Bay (Wis.) Press-Gazette. “I do all the normal things. I cut my grass.
“People kind of forget that normal part, that we do a lot of the stuff that everybody else does but we all have our talents, and mine is in football.”
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- Seattle-area home prices set record; 2nd-fastest rising in nation
Most Read Stories
• At TheOnion.com: “Report: Waving objects behind basket has only resulted in 3 missed free throws in NBA history.”
• At SportsPickle.com: “Tiger Woods back to not being back.”
Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano earned himself a red card — while being carried off the field on the back of a cart with an injury during a World Cup qualifier against Ecuador — when he inexplicably cleated the cart driver twice in the back.
Guess it wasn’t a free kick after all.
Veteran NFL-watchers were stunned last week when Patriots owner Robert Kraft claimed that:
a) Russian President Vladimir Putin stole a $25,000 Super Bowl ring from him.
b) The team didn’t capture any proof of it on surveillance video.
Talking the talk
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, on Kansas landing blue-chip recruit Andrew Wiggins: “To show you how high of a priority basketball is at KU, five minutes later, the school made him chancellor.”
• Greg Cote of The Miami Herald, after Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final drew its best TV ratings in 16 years: “Hockey is about as hot as a sport played on a block of ice can get.”
• Blogger TC Chong, on Ottawa’s new CFL team, the RedBlacks: “Their logo will be a checkerboard.”
• British comedian Anthony Richardson, describing a fly-ball out during a Yankees-Red Sox game on a highlight video: “Caught by the chap in the pajamas with the glove that makes everything easier.”
Just saying no
Indians closer Chris Perez, talking to reporters for the first time since being charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession, said the subject was off-limits but that he would discuss his rotator-cuff rehab.
OK then, Chris. So how’s the shoulder joint?
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org