at Atlanta (14-3) Noon, Georgia Dome, Ch. 13 Playoff history: The host Falcons forced Steve Young into three second-half interceptions and...
San Francisco (12-4-1)
at Atlanta (14-3)
Noon, Georgia Dome, Ch. 13
Playoff history: The host Falcons forced Steve Young into three second-half interceptions and held on to beat the 49ers in a divisional game after the 1998 season. It is the only time they’ve met in the postseason.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
Most Read Stories
Story lines: The 49ers offense rolled up 579 yards, a franchise playoff record, in a 45-31 win over Green Bay. That record shouldn’t be taken lightly for a club that has had Joe Montana and Steve Young and once scored 55 points in a Super Bowl game … The obvious key will be if Atlanta can contain San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who ran for an NFL QB-record 181 yards and passed for 263 more last week. … Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan picked up his first playoff win last week, against Seattle. The Falcons nearly gagged the game and needed a clutch drive to set up Matt Bryant’s 49-yard, game-winning field goal.
The line: 49ers by 4.
Philadelphia Daily News