Stars of the game • Cornerback Brandon Browner had six tackles, tied for most on the team, but it was his forced fumble and recovery...
Stars of the game
• Cornerback Brandon Browner had six tackles, tied for most on the team, but it was his forced fumble and recovery with 2:37 left in the third quarter that turned the momentum.
• Linebacker Bobby Wagner had a sack and a half, but he was also a key to Seattle’s ability to defend Carolina’s option rushing offense. A rookie, Wagner stayed on the field in passing situations with the nickel defense for the first time this season and finished with six tackles.
Play of the game
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
Most Read Stories
Carolina had the ball and a four-point lead with 2:37 left in the third quarter. On first down from the Panthers’ 30, quarterback Cam Newton ran left on an option run with running back DeAngelo Williams wide to his left. Cornerback Brandon Browner was assigned Williams on the play, but kept his eyes and attention on Newton. “I played it for him to toss the ball out and for me to go get the running back,” Browner said. Browner forced a fumble, the ball falling at his feet and he recovered for the turnover.
• Seattle committed two turnovers in the first three minutes of the second half as Leon Washington fumbled away the opening kickoff and Russell Wilson was intercepted on the team’s second play. Seattle, which committed two turnovers total in the first three games, has six in the past two.
• The Seahawks won despite committing more turnovers than the opponent for only the second time under coach Pete Carroll. The Seahawks were 1-13 entering Sunday’s game when they lost the turnover battle.
• TE Zach Miller had 59 yards receiving, his most in any game as a Seahawk.
By the numbers
92 Yards of total offense for the Seahawks in first quarter.
81 Yards offensive tackle Breno Giacomini cost Seattle with two first-quarter penalties, one of which nullified a 56-yard reception by Golden Tate.
7 Points the Panthers scored as a result of their defense.
3 Points produced by Carolina’s offense.
2 Touchdowns Seattle’s defense has allowed over the past four games.
“Any time you can get a road win, no matter if it’s ugly or a good game, we’ll take it.” — Safety Earl Thomas
|Sept. 9||at Arizona||L, 20-16|
|Sept. 16||Dallas||W, 27-7|
|Sept. 24||Green Bay||W, 14-12|
|Sept. 30||at St. Louis||L, 19-13|
|Oct. 7||at Carolina||W, 16-12|
|Oct. 14||N. England||1 p.m.|
|Oct. 18||at San Fran.||5:20 p.m.|
|Oct. 28||at Detroit||10 a.m.|
|Nov. 4||Minnesota||1 p.m.|
|Nov. 11||N.Y. Jets||1 p.m.|
|Nov. 25||at Miami||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 2||at Chicago||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 9||Arizona||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 16||at Buffalo||1 p.m.|
|Dec. 23||S. Francisco||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 30||St. Louis||1:25 p.m.|
|All times subject to change|