Players of the game • Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford completed 34 of 49 passes against Seattle for 352 yards and three touchdowns...
Players of the game
• Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford completed 34 of 49 passes against Seattle for 352 yards and three touchdowns. He’s the first quarterback in more than a year to throw three scoring passes against Seattle.
• Detroit receiver Titus Young caught nine passes for 100 yards and two touchdowns, including the game-winning score with 20 seconds left. He’s the second player to amass 100 yards receiving against Seattle this season.
Play of the game
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- Seattle-area home prices set record; 2nd-fastest rising in nation
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
Most Read Stories
Detroit’s last chance at the game-winning touchdown came on third-and-goal from the Seattle 1 in the final minute. Stafford threw on a three-step drop to Titus Young, who was lined up in the slot. The Seahawks were in a zone coverage, which is why cornerback Brandon Browner was shaded to the outside. Linebacker K.J. Wright wasn’t in position to prevent the quick slant, which Young caught for the deciding touchdown.
• Marshawn Lynch carried 12 times in the game. One of those carries accounted for 77 yards, but the other 11 combined for 28. He was tackled behind the line of scrimmage three times.
• The Seahawks did not allow a sack for the first time this season.
• Seattle was penalized twice in the game, the fewest times in any game under coach Pete Carroll, though two defensive penalties against cornerback Brandon Browner were declined.
By the numbers
77 yard touchdown run by Marshawn Lynch was the longest of his career, and Seattle’s longest run from scrimmage since Shaun Alexander’s 88-yard touchdown run at Arizona in November 2005.
28 The most points Seattle has allowed in its past 16 regular-season games.
24 The most points Seattle has scored in a road game this season.
8 Consecutive games in which Seattle has scored first this season.
Lions: CB Louis Delmas suffered a knee injury in the second half. Seahawks: FB Michael Robinson and WR Ben Obomanu suffered wrist injuries while WR Golden Tate finished the game despite an injured ankle.
Coach Pete Carroll said, “We would like to think that we’re going to find a way to stop them with our defense and we didn’t.”
|Sept. 9||at Arizona||L, 20-16|
|Sept. 16||Dallas||W, 27-7|
|Sept. 24||Green Bay||W, 14-12|
|Sept. 30||at St. Louis||L, 19-13|
|Oct. 7||at Carolina||W, 16-12|
|Oct. 14||N. England||W, 24-23|
|Oct. 18||at San Fran.||L, 13-6|
|Oct. 28||at Detroit||L, 28-24|
|Nov. 4||Minnesota||1 p.m.|
|Nov. 11||N.Y. Jets||1 p.m.|
|Nov. 25||at Miami||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 2||at Chicago||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 9||Arizona||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 16||at Buffalo||1 p.m.|
|Dec. 23||S. Francisco||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 30||St. Louis||1:25 p.m.|
|All times subject to change|