Players of the game • Quarterback Russell Wilson threw for four touchdowns — most by a Seahawk since 2009 — giving him...
Players of the game
• Quarterback Russell Wilson threw for four touchdowns — most by a Seahawk since 2009 — giving him 25 for the season. It is the second most for a rookie quarterback and one away from Peyton Manning’s record of 26 set in 1998 with Indianapolis.
• Cornerback Richard Sherman scored a touchdown for the second time in three games, returning a blocked field-goal attempt 90 yards in the second quarter. He deflected two passes in the first half and intercepted a pass in the end zone in the fourth quarter.
Play of the game
The 49ers were in position for their first points of the game, lining up for a 21-yard chip shot of a field-goal attempt in the first minute of the second quarter. Red Bryant reached up and blocked the fourth field-goal attempt of his career, and the ball bounced to Sherman, who returned it for the score and a 21-0 lead.
• Seattle’s second play of the game was run out of the pistol formation, the ball snapped to Wilson in the shotgun. He handed off to Marshawn Lynch for a 24-yard touchdown run.
• The Seahawks scored a touchdown on their first possession for a second consecutive week, something they did only once in their first 13 games.
• Seattle had two plays gain more than 20 yards in the first seven minutes of the game, the 24-yard TD run by Lynch and a 43-yard catch by Doug Baldwin. Seattle had two plays gain more than 20 yards in all of its Week 7 loss at San Francisco.
By the numbers
100 Consecutive points scored by Seattle at home, a streak that went back to the first quarter of its Nov. 11 game against the New York Jets.
54 Yard FG kicked by San Francisco’s David Akers in the second quarter, matching second-longest kick in this stadium’s history.
49 Years old for 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, whose birthday was Sunday.
25 Touchdown passes for Wilson this season.
49ers: TE Vernon Davis suffered a concussion in the first quarter and did not return. CB Tarell Brown suffered a right-knee injury in the second quarter. DT Will Tukuafu left with a back injury in the second half. WR Mario Manningham left with a left-leg injury in the third quarter.
|Sept. 9||at Arizona||L, 20-16|
|Sept. 16||Dallas||W, 27-7|
|Sept. 24||Green Bay||W, 14-12|
|Sept. 30||at St. Louis||L, 19-13|
|Oct. 7||at Carolina||W, 16-12|
|Oct. 14||N. England||W, 24-23|
|Oct. 18||at San Fran.||L, 13-6|
|Oct. 28||at Detroit||L, 28-24|
|Nov. 4||Minnesota||W, 30-20|
|Nov. 11||N.Y. Jets||W, 28-7|
|Nov. 25||at Miami||L, 24-21|
|Dec. 2||at Chicago||W, 23-17|
|Dec. 9||Arizona||W, 58-0|
|Dec. 16||at Buffalo||W, 50-17|
|Dec. 23||S. Francisco||W, 42-13|
|Dec. 30||St. Louis||1:25 p.m.|
|Time subject to change|