Why settle for a Super Bowl trophy when you can win a World Series, too?
With QB Russell Wilson making a spring-training visit to the Texas Rangers, picture this lineup that the Seahawks could unleash on Major League Baseball:
P Wilson: Has all the pitches, plans to attend NBA Mavs’ training camp.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- It's time to let Carson Smith replace Fernando Rodney as closer
Most Read Stories
C Marshawn Lynch: Will likely ignore ban on home-plate collisions.
1B Michael Bennett: Nothing gets through on the right side.
2B Bobby Wagner
: Nothing gets through up the middle.
SS Percy Harvin: Home-run threat every time up; must avoid the DL.
3B Richard Sherman: Well, he is the NFL’s hot corner, right?
LF Steven Hauschka: Might kick a few, but hit 35 triples in 2013.
CF Earl Thomas: Already adept at patrolling center field.
RF Doug Baldwin: “Pedestrian outfielder” equals a lot of walks.
DH Kam Chancellor: Seattle’s best designated hitter since Edgar.
• At SportsPickle.com: “Team USA bobsled brakeman checks Monster.com again for bobsled brakeman openings.”
• At TheOnion.com: “Winter Olympics inspire nation’s youth to try sports their parents can’t afford.”
Kate Upton — Tiger pitcher Justin Verlander’s love interest — didn’t make the cover of Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue this year, but she is pictured on a bonus back cover.
Or, as Steve Schrader of the Detroit Free Press put it: “It’s the best Cover 2 since Rod Marinelli was in town.”
The most memorable batting barrage in Arizona last week came courtesy of:
a) Robinson Cano
b) Mike Trout
c) Richie Incognito
Q: Why is Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman so attracted to TV cameras and reporters’ notebooks?
A: He’s a big fan of press coverage.
• Times reader Bill Littlejohn, after Sydney Moss — the daughter of former NFL receiver Randy Moss — scored a record 63 points in a Division III basketball game: “She’d have had 70 if she hadn’t taken some plays off.”
• RJ Currie of SportsDeke.com, on the new pro rasslin’ dinner theater in Kissimmee, Fla.: “A word of caution: If anybody asks, say no to the Greco-Roman dressing.”
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, after Creighton gave away bobblehead dolls of star forward Doug McDermott: “The bobbleheads were so realistic, Seton Hall double-teamed one.”
He’s on the bench
Russell Wilson told Access Hollywood that he’s already turned down two invitations to compete on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars.”
Well, duh: Who wants to be known as the quarterback with happy feet?
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250