Allison Schmitt pushed the United States in front in the anchor leg to win the 4x200-meter freestyle relay at the London Olympics on Wednesday.
Allison Schmitt pushed the United States in front in the anchor leg to win the 4×200-meter freestyle relay at the London Olympics on Wednesday.
The Americans clocked an Olympic-record 7 minutes, 42.92 seconds.
Australia led by a half-second entering the anchor leg but had to settle for silver in 7:44.41.
France touched third in 7:47.49.
- 2 killed, thousands lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers