Allison Schmitt pushed the United States in front in the anchor leg to win the 4x200-meter freestyle relay at the London Olympics on Wednesday.
Allison Schmitt pushed the United States in front in the anchor leg to win the 4×200-meter freestyle relay at the London Olympics on Wednesday.
The Americans clocked an Olympic-record 7 minutes, 42.92 seconds.
Australia led by a half-second entering the anchor leg but had to settle for silver in 7:44.41.
France touched third in 7:47.49.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected