Viktor Ahn of Russia won the gold medal in men's 1,000 short track, with teammate Vladimir Grigorev taking the silver.
Viktor Ahn of Russia won the gold medal in men’s 1,000 short track, with teammate Vladimir Grigorev taking the silver.
The mostly Russian crowd at Iceberg Skating Palace erupted as Ahn and Grigorev crossed the finish line Saturday.
Sjinkie Knegt of the Netherlands claimed the bronze.
It was Ahn’s second medal of the Sochi Olympics, having given his adopted country its first short track medal with a bronze in the 1,500. Ahn was born in South Korea and competed in the Olympics for his native country before becoming a Russian citizen in 2011.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Suspect in attack on tourists arrested in downtown Seattle
Most Read Stories
The judges disqualified Sin Da-woon of South Korea.