Viktor Ahn of Russia won the gold medal in men's 1,000 short track, with teammate Vladimir Grigorev taking the silver.
Viktor Ahn of Russia won the gold medal in men’s 1,000 short track, with teammate Vladimir Grigorev taking the silver.
The mostly Russian crowd at Iceberg Skating Palace erupted as Ahn and Grigorev crossed the finish line Saturday.
Sjinkie Knegt of the Netherlands claimed the bronze.
It was Ahn’s second medal of the Sochi Olympics, having given his adopted country its first short track medal with a bronze in the 1,500. Ahn was born in South Korea and competed in the Olympics for his native country before becoming a Russian citizen in 2011.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks
Most Read Stories
The judges disqualified Sin Da-woon of South Korea.