Viktor Ahn of Russia won the gold medal in men's 1,000 short track, with teammate Vladimir Grigorev taking the silver.
Viktor Ahn of Russia won the gold medal in men’s 1,000 short track, with teammate Vladimir Grigorev taking the silver.
The mostly Russian crowd at Iceberg Skating Palace erupted as Ahn and Grigorev crossed the finish line Saturday.
Sjinkie Knegt of the Netherlands claimed the bronze.
It was Ahn’s second medal of the Sochi Olympics, having given his adopted country its first short track medal with a bronze in the 1,500. Ahn was born in South Korea and competed in the Olympics for his native country before becoming a Russian citizen in 2011.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Deputies shoot 17-year-old after car chase in SeaTac
- Old Lusty Lady strip club to get new look as boutique hotel
Most Read Stories
The judges disqualified Sin Da-woon of South Korea.