Viktor Ahn of Russia won the gold medal in men's 1,000 short track, with teammate Vladimir Grigorev taking the silver.
Viktor Ahn of Russia won the gold medal in men’s 1,000 short track, with teammate Vladimir Grigorev taking the silver.
The mostly Russian crowd at Iceberg Skating Palace erupted as Ahn and Grigorev crossed the finish line Saturday.
Sjinkie Knegt of the Netherlands claimed the bronze.
It was Ahn’s second medal of the Sochi Olympics, having given his adopted country its first short track medal with a bronze in the 1,500. Ahn was born in South Korea and competed in the Olympics for his native country before becoming a Russian citizen in 2011.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
Most Read Stories
The judges disqualified Sin Da-woon of South Korea.