Goalkeeper Hope Solo returned to action and the Seattle Reign FC won 2-1 at Western New York in a National Women’s Soccer League match Wednesday in Rochester, N.Y.
The Reign remained unbeaten on the season and improved to 12-0-3.
Goals were from Beverly Goebel (at 62 minutes) and Jessica Fishlock (at 87 minutes). Seattle rallied from a 1-0 deficit.
Megan Rapinoe and Kim Little had the assists.
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
Most Read Stories
Solo had three saves in her first game action since a June 21 arrest for alleged assault.
The first-place Reign returns for a home game Sunday against Boston.
From web reports, AP