Well, they won’t go 24-0.
The Seattle Reign FC tied at FC Kansas City 1-1 in women’s professional soccer Wednesday night. The Reign (7-0-1) had started the season with seven straight wins.
KC’s Amy Rodriguez knocked in a goal at 41:26 and Seattle evened the score one minute before the first half ended, on a penalty kick by Kim Little.
Hope Solo had three saves for Seattle, which still handily leads the league in points (22, Chicago is next at 13, then Kansas City at 12).
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
Most Read Stories
• In baseball, Seattle University lost 6-5 to Bakersfield in the Western Athletic Conference Tournament in Mesa, Ariz. Seattle (26-26) will face the loser of the Utah Valley-New Mexico State contest Thursday in an elimination game.
• Washington’s Tyler Davis (10-2, 1.71 ERA) is among 18 ballplayers on the watch list for the Pitcher of the Year Award.
From sports-information reports.