Melissa Tancredi scored in the eighth minute and the Chicago Red Stars ended an unbeaten season by the Seattle Reign FC with a 1-0 NWSL victory at Benedictine University in Lisle, Ill., Saturday night.
The Reign fell to 13-1-3 as Tancredi scored her first NWSL goal on an assist from Julie Johnston.
The Reign will host Chicago (7-6-4) in a rematch next Sunday at 4 p.m. at Memorial Stadium.
Johnston had a long pass to Tancredi on the right side of the pitch, and the former Notre Dame star booted it past Reign goalkeeper Hope Solo.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
Most Read Stories
Seattle allowed the first goal for the eighth time in the past 10 games. The Reign had been able to rally every time, but not Saturday.
The Reign had eight shots compared to six for the Red Stars.