Reign FC, Seattle’s newest professional sports team, is in the midst of its inaugural season in the National Women’s Soccer League and plays its home opener vs. Kansas City on Saturday at Starfire Stadium.
Team owner Bill Predmore announced in November 2012 that Seattle had been awarded a franchise in the NWSL and last December he unveiled Laura Harvey as the club’s first head coach as well as the name and official logo.
Harvey was head coach of Arsenal L.F.C., one of the top women’s teams in Europe, from 2008-2012. Under her leadership, the club won three league titles in England, two Continental Cups and an FA Women’s Cup. Arsenal won three trophies in 2011 and Harvey was named FA Women’s Super League coach of the year.
Predmore and Harvey answered questions about Reign FC’s debut season and more in a live chat May 2 on seattletimes.com.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...