Reign FC, Seattle’s newest professional sports team, is in the midst of its inaugural season in the National Women’s Soccer League and plays its home opener vs. Kansas City on Saturday at Starfire Stadium.
Team owner Bill Predmore announced in November 2012 that Seattle had been awarded a franchise in the NWSL and last December he unveiled Laura Harvey as the club’s first head coach as well as the name and official logo.
Harvey was head coach of Arsenal L.F.C., one of the top women’s teams in Europe, from 2008-2012. Under her leadership, the club won three league titles in England, two Continental Cups and an FA Women’s Cup. Arsenal won three trophies in 2011 and Harvey was named FA Women’s Super League coach of the year.
Predmore and Harvey answered questions about Reign FC’s debut season and more in a live chat May 2 on seattletimes.com.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies