WASHINGTON D.C. — The Seattle Reign responded quickly after falling behind, staying unbeaten with a 2-1 victory over the Washington Spirit on Saturday in a National Women’s Soccer League game.
The Reign improved to 5-0, but not before the Spirit (2-3) gave it a scare.
After a scoreless first half, Washington took the lead in the 53rd minute on Ali Krieger’s goal, just the second goal the Reign has allowed.
Seattle tied the score less than two minutes later when Jessica Fishlock scored.
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
The Reign completed the rally when Sydney Leroux scored in the 76th minute.