The goal was out of reach again, and the chance for the franchise's first victory quickly evaporated. Seattle Reign FC (0-6-1) lost its...
The goal was out of reach again, and the chance for the franchise’s first victory quickly evaporated.
Seattle Reign FC (0-6-1) lost its sixth consecutive game Sunday night at Starfire Stadium in Tukwila, falling to Sky Blue FC 3-0 in National Women’s Soccer League action.
The Reign broke a 291-minute scoreless drought last week in a 4-2 loss to the Washington Spirit, but it couldn’t find the net against New Jersey-based Sky Blue, despite taking 13 shots, the same number as Sky Blue.
A crowd of 1,046 saw the visitors take a 1-0 lead in the ninth minute on a goal by Lisa De Vanna. That’s where the score stood until the 78th minute, when Sophie Schmidt gave Sky Blue (5-1-1) some cushion.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
Taylor Lytle concluded the scoring with a goal in the 86th minute.
Seattle goaltender Haley Kopmeyer made six saves.
The Reign played without three of its national team players: Hope Solo (wrist surgery), Megan Rapinoe (on loan in France) and Amy Rodriguez (starting a family).