Reign FC signed general manager and coach Laura Harvey to a 4-year contract extension that will keep her with the team through the 2017 NWSL season, the club announced Thursday.
Seattle went 5-14-3 in its inaugural season, showing significant improvement after U.S. national team stars Hope Solo and Megan Rapinoe became available.
• Western Washington was picked to finish first in the Great Northwest Athletic Conference by conference coaches. Central Washington finished second in the preseason poll.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Seattle Times staff and team reports