Reign FC signed general manager and coach Laura Harvey to a 4-year contract extension that will keep her with the team through the 2017 NWSL season, the club announced Thursday.
Seattle went 5-14-3 in its inaugural season, showing significant improvement after U.S. national team stars Hope Solo and Megan Rapinoe became available.
• Western Washington was picked to finish first in the Great Northwest Athletic Conference by conference coaches. Central Washington finished second in the preseason poll.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Seahawks’ third exhibition game may be a dress rehearsal, but it does have significance
Most Read Stories
Seattle Times staff and team reports