In front of its first sold-out crowd and in the NWSL’s first nationally televised game, Reign FC kept its hot streak going.
The Reign came from behind to beat the Washington Spirit, 2-1, in front of 3,855 at Starfire Stadium in Tukwila thanks to two goals from Jessica McDonald.
The win, which was broadcast on FOX Soccer, kept Seattle (4-9-3) unbeaten in its last six games.
Diana Matheson gave Washington (1-10-4) its only goal on a penalty kick in the 11th minute. McDonald scored in the 30th and 34th minutes to give Seattle the win in a battle between the league’s bottom two teams.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Deputies shoot 17-year-old after car chase in SeaTac
- Old Lusty Lady strip club to get new look as boutique hotel
Most Read Stories
The Spirit is 0-3-1 since coach Mark Parsons took over for Mike Jorden, who was fired after going 1-7-3.
From league reports