In front of its first sold-out crowd and in the NWSL’s first nationally televised game, Reign FC kept its hot streak going.
The Reign came from behind to beat the Washington Spirit, 2-1, in front of 3,855 at Starfire Stadium in Tukwila thanks to two goals from Jessica McDonald.
The win, which was broadcast on FOX Soccer, kept Seattle (4-9-3) unbeaten in its last six games.
Diana Matheson gave Washington (1-10-4) its only goal on a penalty kick in the 11th minute. McDonald scored in the 30th and 34th minutes to give Seattle the win in a battle between the league’s bottom two teams.
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
- TCU QB Trevone Boykin among Seahawks' undrafted free agent signings
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Bellevue High principal leaves school amid scrutiny of football program
- Seahawks bolster key areas of need on Day 3 of NFL draft
Most Read Stories
The Spirit is 0-3-1 since coach Mark Parsons took over for Mike Jorden, who was fired after going 1-7-3.
From league reports