In front of its first sold-out crowd and in the NWSL’s first nationally televised game, Reign FC kept its hot streak going.
The Reign came from behind to beat the Washington Spirit, 2-1, in front of 3,855 at Starfire Stadium in Tukwila thanks to two goals from Jessica McDonald.
The win, which was broadcast on FOX Soccer, kept Seattle (4-9-3) unbeaten in its last six games.
Diana Matheson gave Washington (1-10-4) its only goal on a penalty kick in the 11th minute. McDonald scored in the 30th and 34th minutes to give Seattle the win in a battle between the league’s bottom two teams.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
Most Read Stories
The Spirit is 0-3-1 since coach Mark Parsons took over for Mike Jorden, who was fired after going 1-7-3.
From league reports