In front of its first sold-out crowd and in the NWSL’s first nationally televised game, Reign FC kept its hot streak going.
The Reign came from behind to beat the Washington Spirit, 2-1, in front of 3,855 at Starfire Stadium in Tukwila thanks to two goals from Jessica McDonald.
The win, which was broadcast on FOX Soccer, kept Seattle (4-9-3) unbeaten in its last six games.
Diana Matheson gave Washington (1-10-4) its only goal on a penalty kick in the 11th minute. McDonald scored in the 30th and 34th minutes to give Seattle the win in a battle between the league’s bottom two teams.
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
The Spirit is 0-3-1 since coach Mark Parsons took over for Mike Jorden, who was fired after going 1-7-3.
From league reports