ROCHESTER, N.Y. — After a 1-0 victory over the Seattle Reign, the Western New York Flash moved one step closer to a postseason berth Wednesday.
Carli Lloyd scored off a touch pass from Abby Wambach in the 52nd minute and Adrianna Franch stopped all nine shots she faced as the Flash (9-4-7) was stuck awaiting the outcome of the Chicago-Washington game that would determine if it qualifies for the playoffs.
Fifth-place Chicago trailed Washington 1-0 but the game was suspended in the 76th minute.
Lloyd was able to beat Seattle goalie, and teammate on the U.S. National Team, Hope Solo one-on-one from 12 yards out.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
Most Read Stories
The Reign (5-12-3) already has been eliminated from playoff contention.