ROCHESTER, N.Y. — After a 1-0 victory over the Seattle Reign, the Western New York Flash moved one step closer to a postseason berth Wednesday.
Carli Lloyd scored off a touch pass from Abby Wambach in the 52nd minute and Adrianna Franch stopped all nine shots she faced as the Flash (9-4-7) was stuck awaiting the outcome of the Chicago-Washington game that would determine if it qualifies for the playoffs.
Fifth-place Chicago trailed Washington 1-0 but the game was suspended in the 76th minute.
Lloyd was able to beat Seattle goalie, and teammate on the U.S. National Team, Hope Solo one-on-one from 12 yards out.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- 100 drug arrests kick off new push against downtown crime
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
The Reign (5-12-3) already has been eliminated from playoff contention.