Reign FC managed a first-half lead on the road against the Western New York Flash, but the newly crowned queen of international scoring provided the equalizer and Seattle settled for a 1-1 draw at Sahlen’s Stadium in Rochester, N.Y.
Midfielder Keelin Winters scored in the 28th minute to put Seattle ahead. In the 55th minute, the Flash (5-2-4) earned a penalty kick, and New York forward Abby Wambach, fresh off her four-goal performance with the U.S. national team that made her the international all-time leading goal scorer, converted the shot from the spot.
Megan Rapinoe made her National Women’s Soccer League debut earlier than expected after returning from a loan to France’s Lyon and played 90 minutes for Reign FC (0-9-2).
From league reports
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL