Just who is Texas Tech’s team physician, Dr. Jekyll?
The Red Raiders opened the football season 7-0 and rose to a No. 16 ranking — then plummeted to an 0-5 finish, giving up 48.6 points a game.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
Most Read Stories
• At SportsPickle.com: “Colquitt family Turkey Day football game just a bunch of punting again.”
• At Fark.com: “Wisconsin high-school hockey goalie makes 86 saves. Unfortunately, there were 112 shots.”
You make the call
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin runs into Nets coach Jason Kidd on the street.
Which one steps aside first?
Now that’s fast food
Jamaican sprint king Usain Bolt says that he ate 100 McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets every day during the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Which certainly answers the question of why the chicken crossed the road — very quickly.
Pay for no-play
The Dolphins have extended embattled lineman Richie Incognito’s suspension — with pay.
Well, bully for them.
World’s roughest sport
“Helmet? Check. Knee pads? Check. Forearm pads and mouthpiece? Check. OK, I’m ready to go to the mall,” wrote Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald. “Black Friday is basically the American version of the Running of the Bulls.”
Pass the giblets
The Turkey Award for worst film they reviewed this year went to:
a) “Diana,” according to the New York Post
b) The first half of the New England-Denver game, according to the Patriots
c) The second half of the New England-Denver game, according to the Broncos
Too much information
And this year’s No Kidding Award goes to ex-Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder, who — after telling NFL Films he wet his pants in the huddle instead of using a restroom on game day — then added: “My teammates didn’t enjoy it as much as I did.”
• Redskins D-lineman Kedric Golston, to The Washington Post, disputing reports of a team schism: “Your family doesn’t break down because somebody wants to go to Chili’s and another person wants to go to Red Lobster.”
• Blogger TC Chong, on the Jazz’s NBA-worst record: “When the starting five put their hands up on defense, it signals one thing: ‘We give up.’ ”
• Janice Hough of LeftCoastSportsBabe.com, on Derrick Rose out for the season with another knee injury: “And Bulls fans are asking Cubs fans about borrowing their ‘Wait until next year’ T-shirts.”
Mmm Mmm Bad
Ohio Gov. John Kasich declared the day of the OSU-Michigan game as “Scarlet Letter Saturday,” urging state residents not to use the letter “M.”
Just be glad the Buckeyes’ most-hated rival isn’t UMass.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org