Upon further review — as in two years later — this ruling is officially reversed.
“After one of the worst picks (Bruce Irvin) in the first round I can ever remember,” wrote Donald Wood of BleacherReport.com after the 2012 NFL draft, “The Seattle Seahawks didn’t draft any positions of need or draft for the future.
“ … As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Super Bowl headlines
• At SportsPickle.com: “Seahawks parade set for Tuesday in downtown San Francisco.”
• At TheOnion.com: “Huskies unstoppable during cold-weather Puppy Bowl.”
How intimidating was the Seahawks’ defense on Sunday? Even Joe Namath had to release his pregame coin flip early.
“Well done, Seattle,” applauded Craig Ferguson. “I think they needed this to cement their reputation. Before last night, the meanest guy from Seattle was Frasier.”
The Seahawks made the record books Sunday by:
a) Starring in the most-watched TV broadcast in U.S. history.
b) Devouring 53 Broncos in just 60 minutes.
Pharaoh of Westwood
Archaeologists in Egypt have uncovered a 4,600-year-old pyramid.
The best part was the graffiti sprayed on the base of it: “John Wooden was here.”
Losing for winning
Wichita State’s basketball program lost money last season despite making it to the Final Four, Forbes.com reported.
Shocker? No kidding.
Talking the talk
• Greg Cote of The Miami Herald, on authorities seizing $21.6 million of counterfeit merchandise before this year’s Super Bowl: “Dear Gullible Consumer: That cut-rate T-shirt you bought with Broncos spelled with a ‘k’ — it might be a fake.”
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, on Yankee Stadium hosting an outdoor NHL game: “Idea: Keep the penalty box and make A-Rod sit there all next season.”
• Times reader Bill Littlejohn, after a man bit off part of his brother’s right ear during a fight at a Super Bowl party in Rochester, N.Y.: “That’s what they get for serving Tyson chicken wings.”
Canned Response Dept.
Phil Muspratt of Hartlepool, England, has decorated his home and garden with 75,000 aluminum beer cans and bottles.
Guess it pays to be on the cleanup crew for the Super Bowl party.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org