Some are in New York when their NFL draft call comes. Others sit at home. But not Tyler Wilson, the Raiders' fourth-round pick. As the ex-Razorbacks quarterback...
Some are in New York when their NFL draft call comes. Others sit at home.
But not Tyler Wilson, the Raiders’ fourth-round pick. As the ex-Razorbacks quarterback told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette: “Sure enough, the phone rings and you’re high-fiving a bunch of strangers in Walmart.”
• At TheOnion.com: “Breaking: Andy Reid trades first overall pick for bite of bacon double cheeseburger.”
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
Most Read Stories
• At ESPN.com: “Giant humans a big winner in NFL draft.”
Paging Bill Murray
“Groundhog Day” plot, NFL version:
• QB Matt Flynn joins a new team.
• New team then drafts a rookie QB named Wilson.
What could possibly go wrong?
Have a seat, kid
Player endorsement of the year?
That’s courtesy of Giants GM Jerry Reese, who drafted Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib to back up ironman Eli Manning, then told reporters: “If he doesn’t ever play, that would be great.”
Sultan of Cloth
April 11 marked the 101st anniversary of the Yankees’ trademark pinstripes.
Or 93 years since Babe Ruth first asked, “Does this uniform make my hips look too big?”
Frozen Ropes Dept.
“The Marlins were snowed out in Minnesota then played a doubleheader the next day with temperatures in the 30s,” noted Greg Cote of The Miami Herald, “refuting the notion that this team’s bats couldn’t possibly get any colder.”
• Eric Kolenich of the Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch, after Redskins coach Mike Shanahan vowed not to play QB Robert Griffin III again unless he’s 100 percent healthy. “Had Shanahan used that strategy last year, how many games would Griffin have played? Maybe four?”
• Bob Molinaro of the Norfolk Virginian-Pilot, on Kentucky’s latest basketball recruiting class being hyped as the greatest of all time: “May I disagree? The greatest recruiting class consisted of Lew Alcindor all by himself.”
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, on golfer John Daly turning 47: “Scary thing is, he’ll soon be at an age where he’s wearing his orange, purple and magenta-striped pants at chest level.”
• New England coach Jay Heaps, to MLSsoccer.com, on the Revolution’s first-half misfires before securing a 2-0 win over Philadelphia: “We were about to sacrifice a live chicken pretty soon if one of those didn’t go in.”
Louisville coach Rick Pitino made good on his vow and got his first tattoo after the Cardinals won the NCAA men’s basketball tournament.
Good thing this wasn’t in vogue 40 years ago, or John Wooden would’ve looked like Chris “Birdman” Andersen.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org