So what if the world ends this Friday, as the Mayans once predicted? "Will miss the BCS national-championship game," wrote Kirk Kenney of...
So what if the world ends this Friday, as the Mayans once predicted?
“Will miss the BCS national-championship game,” wrote Kirk Kenney of U-T San Diego. “Won’t miss the BCS.
“Will miss the Super Bowl. Won’t miss the Super Bowl hype.
“Will miss Valentine’s Day. Won’t miss Bobby Valentine.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
“Enough already. Except this thought for local pro football fans: The Chargers may not be going to the playoffs, but no one else is either.”
Not in their house
Financially strapped Voukefalas FC, an amateur soccer team from Larissa, Greece, has become a lightning rod for controversy because of its team sponsor — the Villa Erotica brothel.
Coincidence? Every player on team is named John.
The video of Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray — his derrière exposed to a national CBS TV audience when the Steelers’ Troy Polamalu pantsed him during a tackle — is considered a shoo-in to win:
a) An ESPY
b) A couple of Golden Globes.
Not a history major
Alabama athletic director Mal Moore says he’s confident that Tide football coach Nick Saban isn’t about to leave for greener pastures.
Strange — that’s just what Saban’s bosses at Michigan State, LSU and the Miami Dolphins once said.
Thirteen golf carts got stolen from The Duke at Rancho El Dorado golf course in Maricopa, Ariz. — and seven wound up in a lake.
Which certainly puts a whole new spin on finishing with a 7-under.
Still under warranty
In case you missed it, The Refrigerator turned 50 on Monday. Which makes ex-Bear William Perry nearly as old as grandma’s Norge refrigerator.
Talking the talk
• Brad Rock of the Salt Lake City Deseret News, after Rutgers suspended basketball coach Mike Rice for cursing and intimidating players during practices: “Former Jazz players call that sort of thing a ‘Jerry Sloan meet ‘n’ greet.’ “
• NBC’s Jimmy Fallon, after the struggling Lakers fell behind by 26 and lost 116-107 in New York: “I don’t want to say that it was an easy night for the Knicks, but even Woody Allen finished with nine points.”
• Len Berman of ThatsSports.com, on 2012: “So to recap, the last year in New York sports was highlighted by R.A. Dickey, Tim Tebow and Jeremy Lin. In other words, going, going, gone.”
Fans at this year’s Famous Idaho Potato Bowl in Boise got quite a postgame treat: complimentary spuds tossed into the stands.
Just be thankful the game wasn’t sponsored by Brunswick bowling balls.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org