LIONEL MESSI: The star soccer player is set to return from a two-month injury layoff after being cleared by Barcelona team doctors and included in the squad for the Copa del Rey match against Getafe on Wednesday.
Messi hasn’t played since tearing his left hamstring on Nov. 10, his fourth leg injury last year. He returned to training with Barcelona last week after recovering in Argentina.
Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino said Tuesday that Messi “feels fine” but didn’t reveal if the club’s all-time leading scorer will start or stay on the bench.
“Messi rehabbed well and has trained like the rest of the team,” Martino said. “Maybe he lacks some playing time, but with Leo I don’t think that will be a problem.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- Home prices charge ahead, driving some buyers farther afield
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
Most Read Stories
“Messi gives us all a boost of confidence. With him at our side, we all feel more secure.”
The Associated Press