TACOMA — Zahir Raheem, a 1996 Olympian, continued his boxing comeback at the age of 36 by knocking out Tim Coleman in the second round of the main event at Battle of the Boat 93 at the Emerald Queen Casino.
Raheem (34-3, 20 knockouts) won for the third time since March after being off since 2010.
Coleman (19-4-1, 5 KOs) was knocked down four times in the second round before the fight was stopped.
The weight for the fight was moved to 150 pounds from 143 after Coleman weighed in much heavier than scheduled.
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman, dozens of athletes respond to Trump's rant against NFL player protests
- GOP’s know-nothing approach to health care is symptom of a bigger disease | Danny Westneat
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it | Larry Stone
Raheem reportedly gained almost 9 pounds to get to the new weight.