Nick Saban: As in, comedian Nick Saban? The staid Alabama football coach rolled out some deadpan humor when reporters asked him how he stays...
Nick Saban: As in, comedian Nick Saban?
The staid Alabama football coach rolled out some deadpan humor when reporters asked him how he stays in shape during the season. Answer: pickup basketball.
“I’m the commissioner of the league,” he told reporters looking for an angle before Monday’s Alabama-Notre Dame BCS title game. “It’s a noontime basketball league, NBA. I pick the teams, so I have the best players on my team.
“I also pick the guy that can guard me, and there’s only two guys in the whole organization who are shorter and slower that I would pick to guard me. And then I call the fouls. So if you call that working out, I guess that’s my workout.”
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Walkoff magic! Leonys Martin’s dramatic homer in ninth lifts Mariners
Most Read Stories
But no, he doesn’t break down any game film from his noon basketball heroics.
“No one would want to see that,” he said.
The Associated Press