Nick Saban: As in, comedian Nick Saban? The staid Alabama football coach rolled out some deadpan humor when reporters asked him how he stays...
Nick Saban: As in, comedian Nick Saban?
The staid Alabama football coach rolled out some deadpan humor when reporters asked him how he stays in shape during the season. Answer: pickup basketball.
“I’m the commissioner of the league,” he told reporters looking for an angle before Monday’s Alabama-Notre Dame BCS title game. “It’s a noontime basketball league, NBA. I pick the teams, so I have the best players on my team.
“I also pick the guy that can guard me, and there’s only two guys in the whole organization who are shorter and slower that I would pick to guard me. And then I call the fouls. So if you call that working out, I guess that’s my workout.”
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France
Most Read Stories
But no, he doesn’t break down any game film from his noon basketball heroics.
“No one would want to see that,” he said.
The Associated Press