Nick Saban: As in, comedian Nick Saban? The staid Alabama football coach rolled out some deadpan humor when reporters asked him how he stays...
Nick Saban: As in, comedian Nick Saban?
The staid Alabama football coach rolled out some deadpan humor when reporters asked him how he stays in shape during the season. Answer: pickup basketball.
“I’m the commissioner of the league,” he told reporters looking for an angle before Monday’s Alabama-Notre Dame BCS title game. “It’s a noontime basketball league, NBA. I pick the teams, so I have the best players on my team.
“I also pick the guy that can guard me, and there’s only two guys in the whole organization who are shorter and slower that I would pick to guard me. And then I call the fouls. So if you call that working out, I guess that’s my workout.”
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Seattle congestion: We're No. 5
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
Most Read Stories
But no, he doesn’t break down any game film from his noon basketball heroics.
“No one would want to see that,” he said.
The Associated Press