The Vikings won in overtime to advance to the regional final against UC San Diego on Friday.
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. — Western Washington’s Kristin Maris scored in the 103rd minute, lifting the Vikings to a 2-1 upset of No. 1-seeded Sonoma State in the regional semifinals of the NCAA Division II women’s soccer tournament.
The Vikings, a No. 5 seed in the tournament, advanced to the regional final Friday against No. 2 seed UC San Diego.
Eastern Washington dropped its season and home opener to Pacific, 64-51.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
Most Read Stories
UW’s Julija Lukac won her bracket at the San Diego State Fall Classic, beating SDSU’s Tamitha Nguyen 5-7, 6-2, 6-4 to win one of the tournament’s five singles titles.