The Vikings won in overtime to advance to the regional final against UC San Diego on Friday.
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. — Western Washington’s Kristin Maris scored in the 103rd minute, lifting the Vikings to a 2-1 upset of No. 1-seeded Sonoma State in the regional semifinals of the NCAA Division II women’s soccer tournament.
The Vikings, a No. 5 seed in the tournament, advanced to the regional final Friday against No. 2 seed UC San Diego.
Eastern Washington dropped its season and home opener to Pacific, 64-51.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
UW’s Julija Lukac won her bracket at the San Diego State Fall Classic, beating SDSU’s Tamitha Nguyen 5-7, 6-2, 6-4 to win one of the tournament’s five singles titles.