The Vikings won in overtime to advance to the regional final against UC San Diego on Friday.
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. — Western Washington’s Kristin Maris scored in the 103rd minute, lifting the Vikings to a 2-1 upset of No. 1-seeded Sonoma State in the regional semifinals of the NCAA Division II women’s soccer tournament.
The Vikings, a No. 5 seed in the tournament, advanced to the regional final Friday against No. 2 seed UC San Diego.
Eastern Washington dropped its season and home opener to Pacific, 64-51.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
UW’s Julija Lukac won her bracket at the San Diego State Fall Classic, beating SDSU’s Tamitha Nguyen 5-7, 6-2, 6-4 to win one of the tournament’s five singles titles.