The Washington Stealth lost 13-11 to the Calgary Roughnecks, who clinched a first-round home game in the National Lacrosse League playoffs...
CALGARY, Alberta — The Washington Stealth lost 13-11 to the Calgary Roughnecks, who clinched a first-round home game in the National Lacrosse League playoffs with their win Saturday at Scotiabank Saddledome.
Calgary (10-3) jumped out to a 5-0 first-quarter lead and never trailed in the game.
Scott Ranger scored four goals for the Roughnecks, with Jeff Shattler and Dane Dobbie each scoring three goals.
Washington (4-9) was led by Athan Iannucci, who had four goals and an assist. Rhys Duch chipped in a goal and three assists, and Dean Hill added two goals and an assist.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
Most Read Stories
Mike Poulin had a strong game in the Calgary net, stopping 42 of 53 shots. Stealth goaltender Tyler Richards made 48 saves on 61 Calgary shots.
From league reports.