Washington State senior Faisal Aden has been named the Pac-12 Conference men's basketball player of the week, it was announced Monday. Aden led the Cougars...
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. — Washington State senior Faisal Aden has been named the Pac-12 Conference men’s basketball player of the week, it was announced Monday.
Aden led the Cougars to wins over Stanford and California last week, scoring a career-high 33 points against the Cardinal on Thursday and 24 against the Bears on Saturday.
This is the first conference honor for Aden, the second Cougar this season to earn player-of-the-week accolades. Teammate Brock Motum picked up the honor on Dec. 12.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
Rich Skillman scored a game-high 22 points for the Northwest University men (19-2, 9-2 Cascade Collegiate Conference), who defeated Northwest Christian 79-66 in Kirkland in a game originally scheduled for last week.
• Emily Drivstuen‘s 19 points led the Northwest University women to an 81-57 win over visiting Northwest Christian. The Eagles women (9-10, 5-6 CCC), like the men, were playing a game rescheduled from last week.
Other conference honors
Gonzaga senior Katelan Redmon was named the West Coast Conference women’s basketball player of the week. She averaged 22.0 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals in two wins last week for the Bulldogs (17-3, 6-1), who re-entered The Associated Press poll Monday at No. 22.
• Western Washington junior John Allen was named the Great Northwest Athletic Conference men’s basketball player of the week for the second consecutive week. He is the first player to win the award in back-to-back weeks since Northwest Nazarene’s Brian Barkdoll accomplished the feat in February 2009, and is the first player in the 11-year history of the GNAC to take the award outright in consecutive weeks.
• Eastern Washington junior Carrie Ojeda was named the Big Sky Conference women’s basketball player of the week.
Compiled from sports-information reports
and other sources.