Kicker Michael Bowlin of Aliso Viejo, Calif., has signed a letter of intent with the Washington State football team, while running back Teondray Caldwell of Los Angeles and offensive lineman Denzell Dotson of Peoria, Ariz., have each signed a financial-aid agreement with the Cougars.
PULLMAN — Kicker Michael Bowlin of Aliso Viejo, Calif., has signed a letter of intent with the Washington State football team, while running back Teondray Caldwell of Los Angeles and offensive lineman Denzell Dotson of Peoria, Ariz., have each signed a financial-aid agreement with the Cougars.
Additionally, Rahmel Dockery, a 2011 signee from Tacoma’s Curtis High School, enrolled and joined the other three in beginning classes.
“All of these student-athletes are talented, tough players and will be a great fit for our system,” coach Mike Leach said Monday. “I look forward to them starting their Cougar careers this week.”
Bowlin spent the past two seasons at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, Caldwell, an all-city selection his senior season of 2010 at Venice High School, originally signed with Nevada in 2011 but did not attend. Dotson graduated in December from Cactus High School,
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
Most Read Stories
Zags women break into rankings
SPOKANE — A nine-game win streak helped the Gonzaga women’s basketball team crack The Associated Press Top 25 for the first time this season. The Bulldogs (14-2, 3-0 WCC) checked in at No. 23 Monday after receiving 106 votes, 94 more votes than a week ago.
The Bulldogs men (13-2, 3-0 WCC), meanwhile, moved up four spots to 21st in this week’s AP poll and cracked the ESPN/USA Today poll again at No. 23.
• Northwest University senior Drew Jensen has been invited to the MLS Colorado Rapids’ Tryout Combine, Jan. 17-19 in Lakewood, Colo.
In other Northwest men’s soccer news, Jonathan Ellis (Juanita High School) and Brendon Wheeler (Snohomish High School) have signed letters of intent with the Eagles.
• Portland State guard Kate Lanz, a native of Vancouver, Wash., was named Big Sky Conference women’s basketball co-player of the week.
Compiled from sports-information reports and other sources.