The fourth-ranked Washington softball team beat Pacific 6-4 Sunday in the championship game of the Louisville Slugger Invitational. Kaitlin Inglesby drove in...
STOCKTON, Calif. — The fourth-ranked Washington softball team beat Pacific 6-4 Sunday in the championship game of the Louisville Slugger Invitational.
Kaitlin Inglesby drove in two runs for the Huskies (19-1), who benefitted from four Pacific errors. Bryana Walker (4-1) allowed four earned runs on eight hits to pick up the win.
Falcons get NCAA bid
The Seattle Pacific men will play in their eighth straight NCAA Division II basketball tournament, facing Dixie State in their opener at 12:30 p.m. Friday in Bellingham.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Cassius Marsh could provide much-needed depth to Seahawks' defensive line
Most Read Stories
Regional host Western Washington will play Grand Canyon at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
The Vikings women received a tourney bid and will play Cal State Monterey Bay at 5:30 p.m. Friday at La Jolla, Calif.
For the second day in a row, the Washington pitching staff allowed just one run over two games as the Huskies (9-3) swept a doubleheader from Saint Joseph’s, 2-1 and 6-0, at Husky Ballpark.
• In other games, host Washington State (7-3) beat Northern Colorado 7-3; Gonzaga (10-0) beat Kansas 7-2 at the UTSA Classic in San Antonio, Texas; and Central Washington (4-8) swept a doubleheader from visiting Whitworth, 10-7 and 9-7.
Central Washington (7-10) split a doubleheader with Saint Martin’s in Ellensburg, winning the opener 7-3 before falling 16-3 in five innings.
Seattle U’s Caitlin McCleary (3-over 147) won her third tournament this season as the Redhawks (41-over 617) finished second at the Red Rocks Invitational in Sedona, Ariz.
Compiled from sports-information reports.