The Washington baseball team fell 3-2 to Washington State on the final day of the regular season Sunday at Husky Ballpark. The Cougars (28-28, 11-19...
The Washington baseball team fell 3-2 to Washington State on the final day of the regular season Sunday at Husky Ballpark.
The Cougars (28-28, 11-19 Pac-12) scored the eventual winning run in the seventh inning, with Kyle Johnson driving in Ian Sagdal with a double for a 3-1 lead.
Robert Pehl went 2 for 4 with an RBI for the Huskies (30-25, 13-17).
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
Washington is on the bubble for the NCAA tournament, the field for which will be announced at 9 a.m. Monday.
Jace Sloan was 2 for 3 with an RBI for Seattle University (23-30), which ended its season with an 11-1 loss to Portland in Bellevue.
Megan Manthey and Veronica Perez scored for the Seattle Sounders Women in a W-League season-opening 2-0 victory over the host Vancouver Whitecaps.
Compiled from sports-information reports and other sources.