The Washington baseball team fell 3-2 to Washington State on the final day of the regular season Sunday at Husky Ballpark. The Cougars (28-28, 11-19...
The Washington baseball team fell 3-2 to Washington State on the final day of the regular season Sunday at Husky Ballpark.
The Cougars (28-28, 11-19 Pac-12) scored the eventual winning run in the seventh inning, with Kyle Johnson driving in Ian Sagdal with a double for a 3-1 lead.
Robert Pehl went 2 for 4 with an RBI for the Huskies (30-25, 13-17).
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Suspect in attack on tourists arrested in downtown Seattle
Most Read Stories
Washington is on the bubble for the NCAA tournament, the field for which will be announced at 9 a.m. Monday.
Jace Sloan was 2 for 3 with an RBI for Seattle University (23-30), which ended its season with an 11-1 loss to Portland in Bellevue.
Megan Manthey and Veronica Perez scored for the Seattle Sounders Women in a W-League season-opening 2-0 victory over the host Vancouver Whitecaps.
Compiled from sports-information reports and other sources.