KIRKLAND — After cruising through their semifinal matchups, Greenburg, Pa., will play the team from Mexicali, Mexico, for the Junior Softball World Series championship at Everest Park in Kirkland.
Greenburg, representing the U.S. East for players 13 and 14 years old, defeated the U.S. West entrant from Tucson, Ariz., 11-1. Mexicali defeated the team from Milan, Italy 9-3.
Milan, representing Europe and Africa, and Tucson will play in the third-place game at 11 a.m.
The championship game is at 2 p.m.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- For UW Huskies, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Morgan Ryan allowed one unearned run on just one hit over four innings for Greenburg to get the win. Autumn Beasley led the offense, with a pair of hits, including a home run, and three runs batted in.
Mexicali took an 8-0 lead through four innings and was never threatened after that. Milan scored twice in its final at-bat to make the score more respectable.
Lizbeth Lugo led Mexicali by going 3 for 4, including a home run, and four runs batted in.