KIRKLAND — After cruising through their semifinal matchups, Greenburg, Pa., will play the team from Mexicali, Mexico, for the Junior Softball World Series championship at Everest Park in Kirkland.
Greenburg, representing the U.S. East for players 13 and 14 years old, defeated the U.S. West entrant from Tucson, Ariz., 11-1. Mexicali defeated the team from Milan, Italy 9-3.
Milan, representing Europe and Africa, and Tucson will play in the third-place game at 11 a.m.
The championship game is at 2 p.m.
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
- Costco purchases land in southeast Redmond for long-delayed project
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
Most Read Stories
Morgan Ryan allowed one unearned run on just one hit over four innings for Greenburg to get the win. Autumn Beasley led the offense, with a pair of hits, including a home run, and three runs batted in.
Mexicali took an 8-0 lead through four innings and was never threatened after that. Milan scored twice in its final at-bat to make the score more respectable.
Lizbeth Lugo led Mexicali by going 3 for 4, including a home run, and four runs batted in.